Author Topic: Network Issue?  (Read 5833 times)

Offline robwired

• Kick Me!
    • View Profile
Network Issue?
« on: January 19, 2012, 05:25:35 pm »
Hi,

I used Tomy a couple of days ago to create a Jukebox without a problem.

I'm trying to use the same program, same Popcorn Hour to create another Jukebox for a different share and for some reason Tomy is locking up on me.

This happens when I try to set the Video Folder Location. The pointer endlessly spins and Tomy becomes unresponsive.

Just to ensure there isn't a network problem I check that I can get to the share that I'm trying to access from Windows Explorer and all is fine there.

I've restarted my Popcorn Hour, restarted the PC and still have the issue but now i can't even get tomy to even work on the previous share.

There are two ways that Tomy locks up:

1) When I load the program that has previous successful settings and simply attempt to edit the Video Folder location.

2) If I start over with a new library file and choose the mapped drive path. I thought maybe it would be better to not map the drive and just enter in the \\192.168.1.80 path the Popcorn Hour and attempt that route but that isn't working either.

help!!!

Rob

Offline robwired

• Kick Me!
    • View Profile
Re: Network Issue?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 05:36:08 pm »
Hi,

Just a follow up. It looks like in the Media Player Model Dropdown that it contains two entries for my Popcorn Hour (I only have one unit)

they are:

PCH-C200
PCH-C200-1

When I attempt to edit a new library file it gets stuck here.

It's as if it's not finding the Popcorn Hour, yet i can ping it from the cmd prompt without a problem.

Rob

Offline Admin

• Big Bro
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Inhouse Designs, Inc.
Re: Network Issue?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 06:13:46 am »
I am assumming the two entries have exactly the same details (IP address, NetBIOS name, etc); have you tried deleting the duplicate and seeing if that clears up the issue?
The One Admin To Bind Them
The One Admin To Rule Them All...